Under the direction of the local distributor Principal, the Sales Rep will be responsible for assisting sales and service activities in an assigned territory (Detroit Metro).
• Responsible for supporting the sales of surgical implants and medical devices tailored exclusively to the Pediatric Medical Community
• Develops technical selling skills and product knowledge in all areas listed above supporting the Sales Specialist to give effective presentation of OrthoPediatrics products and services.
• Complete understanding of pricing and proposal models and how this pertains to the medical / hospital contract arena.
• Coordinate the surgical preparation and coverage process with accuracy, dependability, and timeliness.
• Attends surgeries where directed, and helps surgical staff with questions related to products, and educating them on appropriate instrument use and assembly.
• Maximizes all opportunities in the process of closing a sale resulting in the taking of market share from larger competitors.
• Sells consultatively and makes recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers to their business issues.
• Responsible for sourcing and developing client relationships and referrals.
• Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory, including the use of Microsoft Outlook and Excel to maintain accurate records to maximize territory potential.
• 2 years’ experience with Medical Device/Orthopedic sales required; small bone experience strongly preferred
• 4-year degree required (BA/BS)
• Ability to work evenings and weekends
• Strong organizational skills and rigorous attention to detail.